[Meta Moments] MetaMoments: January 27, 2011--A Disobedient Creator

Jodi McDonald mcgolf at satx.rr.com
Thu Jan 27 10:17:30 CST 2011

God doesn’t obey very well.

As well-intentioned children of a powerful Creator, we put out our requests
and we make our lists and plans.  Our days are filled with fantasies of how
we see it all unfolding.  We visualize the other people acting in ways that
serve us well.  Lost in our imaginary world, we pretend everything goes just
as we wanted.  As we emerge back into conscious awareness, here and there,
we request that our dreams come true.  We explain to God what we want and
how it should all go.  We believe, with every fiber of our BEing, that we
know exactly how it will play out.  We are in excited expectation, smiling
and laughing and trusting God will comply with our requests.  And then, God
turns around and does things in some weird way we NEVER would have even
imagined.

“Excuse me, God, this isn’t what I asked for!  You got it all wrong!”

Our quest to be #1 has superseded any desire to follow.  We truly believe we
must lead or things won’t be done right.  Time and time again, we are
disappointed in the gifts we receive, and we return it to Sender, address
unknown.  Do you ever wonder what might have happened had you accepted?

I often tell the story about being in the movie, “Try It On Everything.”  I
had just finished teaching a series of classes on the movie, “The Secret,”
and I was putting my knowledge into practice.  I would spend every morning
in meditation, holding that I would finally have a book written for
publication.  I wasn’t sure exactly why I couldn’t finish writing a book,
but I was overlooking that aspect.  I was simply imagining that I would be
successful, earning money as people flocked to read my words.  Very slowly,
I was writing the first few chapters of a book, but it was all done in
struggle.  Nonetheless, I continued holding the belief that God would
provide the means so long as I stayed in high vibration.

And then it happened.  One day, just as I was coming out of a meditation, up
popped the email about applying to be in a movie about EFT ®.  I knew very
little about tapping, but I touched on it during the teaching of “The
Secret.”  I remember laughing as I read through the application.  I thought
tapping looked ridiculous and I had no desire to learn more about it.  I was
pretty darn sure my life’s goal was to be a famous author.
HOWEVER....despite my doubts and confusion as to what this had to do with
anything I wanted....I complied!  I filled out the application and instantly
knew I would be accepted.  My heart was filled with anticipation and
excitement, although I had no idea of what was to come.  A few weeks later,
I learned I was one of the 10 participants chosen.  Confused and unsure of
what was happening, I packed my suitcase and headed off to the airport.  The
last words I said to my husband were, “I have no idea what THIS is about,
but I’m doing it anyway!”  That was 3 1/2 years ago...and looking back, I’m
in awe of how things unfolded through my trust.  No, this wasn’t MY plan.
It was God’s plan.

In allowing God to move through me—guiding me—I am now living a life I could
never have imagined.  This certainly isn’t where I thought I would be!  It
isn’t what I envisioned...no, it is MORE than I envisioned.  My trust
rewarded me immeasurably.

The main problem the ego self has is it is unwilling to follow.  It always
wants to lead—to know what to do.  It prides itself on figuring things out
before God does and it boasts about how clever it is.  It orders God around
and insists on its own way, expecting God will comply with its demands.  It
is unwilling to own up to the laundry list of failures it has
accumulated—always believing that this time it will get it right.  It
acquires what it wants through great struggle, and berates itself when
things don’t go well.  Nevertheless, it plods on, endlessly “trying” to find
some measure of success to brag about.

I implore you...if things are not happening as you envisioned, and yet are
effortlessly unfolding before you in a different way... then follow!  Give
up your need to know the future and allow God to take you to your perfect
place.  This requires a silent ego and an open heart.  You must trust!  You
must remember that your very limited perspective of the bigger picture does
not allow you to understand why things are happening as they are.  On the up
side, God knows.  And more importantly, God adores you and wants to give you
the kingdom of heaven.  All that is required is for you to follow in eager
anticipation and gratitude.  “Thank you, God, for guiding me to all that
serves me best!”

Begin this day in absolute surrender.  Do not require understanding prior to
packing your bags.  You will never understand, anyway, because your focus
does not allow you to see infinite possibilities.  Let God BE God in your
life by releasing your need to control.  Move into unknown territory with
profound trust and excitement, knowing God is showing you the way.  Perhaps
it doesn’t look anything like what you had imagined—follow anyway!  You are
BEing led back to Eden and once you arrive, you will stand in awe as you
rejoice at the brilliance of the journey.  I always tell clients, “Be sure
to expect God will take the scenic route.  God is in no hurry!”  You will
find yourSelf robustly laughing and saying, “I could never have imagined
THIS is where I was going!”  God has a great sense of humor and an absolute
knowing of what is right for you.  Oh child of Love...I urge you to follow.

Tapping on the Karate Chop, begin your daily clearing exercise with these 3
setup statements:

“Even though my Creator leads me into unknown territory, causing me to feel
fear and worry, I release my need to know where I’m going and how I’ll get
there.  As I feel this insecurity about my future, I let go of my desire to
control how things should be by trusting that Love is clearing the path
before me.”

“Even though I believe I know what is best for me, I let go of my ego’s
childish insistence of having its own way as I allow God to BE God in me.”

“Even though I have attempted to get God to obey my commands, I admit this
has never worked and never will.  Today, I choose to allow God to
effortlessly unfold my path in front of me as I comply, instead.  I do this
because I deeply and completely love, accept and forgive myself.”

Continue tapping through the remaining 8 tapping points as you tell the
stories of how your fantasies have not manifested.  Feel the feelings of
disappointment, abandonment, rejection and powerlessness.  Do not stop
tapping until you have released all the negative feelings around the
countless failures you remember surrounding your inability to control your
destiny.  Cry, yell, scream...allow the feelings to surface as you admit
that your attempts to control God have failed.  Once you have released all
the non-serving energy invested in your inability to master BEing God,
surrender!  Fully SURRENDER your ego self into the hands of the Almighty.
Get out of God’s way and ALLOW the All-Knowing Mind to take charge of how
your life is experienced.  Step into the positive statements that align you
with the desire to FOLLOW God’s lead as you find your way back to Eden.

Now, watch to see what miracles manifest right in front of your eyes!  Yes,
my child, it was always that easy.

Yours in Self TRANSFORMATION and EMPOWERMENT,
Jodi McDonald, Meta-ET Founder and Master Practitioner
www.meta-et.com

"Where traditional therapy ends...We BEgin!"

Metaphysical Emotional Transformation ™